Thursday 31 May 2018

#dyslexia: it ain't about symptoms and deficits

I designed this logo I wanted to show that dyslexia and uniqueness go together. I made the U and D 3d because I think we look at dyslexia two dimensionally 

Hi blog readers hope you are all feeling fab

The worst thing that happened to the #dyslexic community was the medicalisation of #dyslexia and the defining of #dyslexia in terms of symptoms and deficits.

#dyslexia a difference that reflects #diversity

#dyslexa = #different minds not minds with a disorder

we must change how we think and talk about being #dyslexic

If we don't we will continue to fail dyslexic kids past, present and future.

 #vivaladifference

GOOD NEWS

My #fab #dyslexia #blog has achieved over 335.000 reads this week. 

Dyslexia Pathways CIC. The CIC stands for Community Interest Company. This means any profit me make must be used for the benefit or dyslexic and neuro diverse communities.

#PeaceLoveGroovyness to you all

Steve McCue

many thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment