Friday 11 November 2011

A good day

I had a very good day providing dyslexia support to students at university today. One student showed how invaluable good dyslexia support at school can be in later life. He has many great stratagies that have enabled him to succeed on his course. He is laid back calm and reflective. I only wish he were the rule rather than the exception. So after 5 sessions with me he no longer needs support on a weekly basis. Another student was talking to me the week before about his young son and how he was unable to spell or write his name. I suggested he use different coloured platasine to make three dimensional letters with him and to enable his son to feel as well as see the shape of the letters. The student, and proud father, showed me a picture of his son's work today and now his son knows how to spell and write his name. His dad smile when he showed me, fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment