Monday 2 December 2013

News up dates

Well as far as dyslexia support goes at both universities its all very positive. Lots of positive feedback from students, lots of very happy students in fact. This is the last week of work until after Christmas and the new year. Here's hoping I will be just as busy in the new year.

The Unique Dyslexic project is, "doing away", as they say here in Scotland. I think it means going ok. For me personally its all taking more time that I anticipated. 

The Unique Facebook page has over 100 members. I am trying to encourage members to share their stories and creative works. I have posted a few bits of my own in the form of music and photographs. The project is open to anyone of any ability who would like a place to share their work in a supportive and positive place. Mind you I have always been an impatient individual sigh.

The Unique website is still not moving along. I have contacted the web developer, oh must be over a month ago now,   and still not heard anything from them. I have some funding to develop the website further its a question of how and who is going to do it. If I can get it up and running it will give me some time to learn Word Press or find a volunteer to act web master. I have completed my web brief so its all ready to move forward.

Once the Uni work stops for the break next week I will have time to concentrate on moving the Unique Dyslexic Project  forward. From next week I will be going about in Fife talking to organisations in Fife about the project, making people aware of what its about and getting people involved. Organisations such as Fife college, Youth 1st and FEAT etc. The plan is to put together a small team of volunteers to help push the project forward. 

I am going to try and put together a podcast of my blogs over the next couple of weeks. Its to try and make my rather long blogs more accessible. Have to see how I do in front of an camera lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment