Tuesday 9 December 2014

well I have been a busy boy these last few days lol


Hi everyone hope you are all well and, for those who celebrate it, gearing up for Christmas......Looks like it could be a white one here in Glenrothes.

I have been busy writing a Crowd Funding appeal with VC Bloom. I am looking for £3000 to pay for some time with a graphic designer to professionally realise my logo designs for tee shirts and hoodies as well as to pay the them to be printed. The logos are all about being dyslexia positive. If this goes well and we achieve our appeal goal these tee shirts and hoodies will be available around March / April.

The good news is VC Boom are happy for this appeal to go live phew. But I think I will leave going live with this until after the new year.

I am also in the middle of writing a funding bid with the Roberson Trust re the tee shirt idea.

I am also going to give Interface another go with an app idea I have. Yes I know my social media platform idea with Napier did not go very well at all. Not because it was not a good idea but because Napier Uni were going through some staffing / budget issues. Looking at the original idea maybe it was a tad, well more than a tad, ambitious. I have the plan for this app all mapped out ready for completing the first stage application form. Ahh we big picture dyslexic thinkers lol. 

I am also going to try the Impact Fund for this also. Its practically the same information required for interface but with a project budget.

I had my first meeting with my mentor from Acorn a couple days ago. We talked about the next stage of the Unique project. It was all very positive and I came away from the meeting feeling very positive as well as a couple of goals for our next meeting.

Have organised the Dyslexia Pathways CIC Christmas get together and directors meeting for Dec 20th at the Old Manor Hotel in Lundin Links. Blimey makes me feel like we are a real organisation now. This will be the first meeting for our two new directors. Dyslexia Pathways with Unique Dyslexic now has six directors. 

After the last Acorn session / presentation I have bought myself a couple of books one being 7 Habits of Highly Effective People the other 7 Habits for Highly Effective Teenagers. I thought they might help me to become more effective with my business and the other might be useful for my dyslexia support work with university students.

I have been getting a lot of responses to my little Survey Monkey survey on the experiences of dyslexics. I will be getting all the results from that survey collated after December 19th. I will probably publish them in the new year. Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to complete it.

There is a link to the survey in my last blog for anyone interested in completing it.

Finally I have been writing references like a crazy man for 6 people

Phew........time to come up for air methinks lol







1 comment:

  1. Great amount of work going on there Steve let's hope it all comes to fruition!

    ReplyDelete