Wednesday 30 March 2016

Here is the news from Dyslexia Pathways CIC

ABOVE A PICTURE OF OUR DYSLEXIA PATHWAYS LOGO
 
Hi blog readers hope you are all well......Hey hey spring is here. The birds are twittering and the bees are buzzing and some of the spring flowers are blooming. Always fab to see the colours, smells and sounds of spring arriving.

News on the Dyslexia Pathways Hub:

Well lots of action going on here. over the past few weeks we have had meetings with a number or organisations to help us move forward with this endeavour. About ten days ago I met with Caroline Parkinson who is a mentor with the Cultural Enterprise Office Scotland. Caroline is a Business Planning Industry Associate she was very positive about the hub and has been making a few introductions for us with people who are be able to enable us to move forward with this.

With a project as big as the one we are attempting to get off the ground we have to be prepared for a marathon rather than a sprint.

In a recent paper published by the European Parliament said the Dyslexia Pathways CIC was, "leading the way for social inclusion" through social enterprise. 

At my first meeting at the Cultural Enterprise Office

they said. "There’s potential for internationalism, a

very strong social justice angle as well as the

inclusion aspects of the project". 

As with many dyslexics I am very good at seeing the

big picture, I have a strong vision of where I want us

to go. I have the big picture plan.

The Cultural Enterprise office wrote' " A reality of

dyslexia is that sequencing is a challenge. A ‘big picture’ vision

can be vividly achieved but the detail is more difficult to bed in.

The starting point is also clear but the steps that should follow are

not. He has a holistic approach and a needs driven approach in his

work and way of operating."






We have done a lot of the ground work but there is
 

much more to be done.  


Problems that need to be solved:

We need to have more people involved in this

venture. Volunteers who can help with our web sites

and social media or who support writing and finding

funding bids and funders, people who have expertise

in marketing etc.


We have just sent off a funding application for

volunteers fingers crossed. A big thanks to Carolynn

Cruickshank Grey for putting this bid together.

Carolynn us herself dyslexia and has been a fab

director, source or ideas and of support.



I am still in financial difficulties because of the loss of

income I suffered from my heart attack. I have had

to pay out money to keep our web sites up and

running with money that I have not really got. If it

were not for the support of my wife I do not know if I

could have kept it all going.


However, I have just started to market new dyslexia

services including dyslexia awareness training etc. So

I am hoping that will bring in some much needed

funds to pay my bills with. For more information

please visit our web site: 


http://www.dyslexiapathways.com/#!what-we-do/cjg9


Then we have our little dyslexia online shop selling

dyslexia positive clothing items such as tee shirts,

sweat shirts and hoodies. A huge thanks goes out to

another of our directors Catriona Maciver for her

invaluable input, support and work on our dyslexia

and neuro difference logo designs. She is another fab

creative dyslexia and entrepreneur.

Here is the link to our Unique Dyslexic online shop:


http://stores.clothes2order.com/unique-dyslexic/dyslexic/


On the plus side it does give us an on line shop. On

the down side its not them most dyslexia friendly and

they are a tad expensive. I am researching funders

to see if we can add a dyslexia friendly online shop to

our Dyslexia Pathways CIC or Unique Dyslexic site.

We could also offer goods from other creative

dyslexics in that shop.






Ideas, ideas and ideas:

My strength are ideas, creativity and problem

solving. I have plans for games and apps, for school

dyslexia mentoring scheme, I have written a synopsis

for my dyslexia book etc etc.


When it comes to

something like the finances I would never have

coped without the support of my wife and another

director of Dyslexia Pathways CIC who has been a

fab supporter of our work.

when I am feeling down


she gives me the support and occasional kick up the

backside I need when I am struggling.  

Blimey I think that's enough for this blog...... once I

start writing I find it hard to stop.

Thanks for reading much appreciated

regards

Steve

PS Finally a big thanks to Cultural Enterprise Office

who have been fab and dyslexia friendly

No comments:

Post a Comment