Sunday 7 May 2023

Assistive technology and you



                                                  

1 in 10 people in the UK are dyslexic



Hi Blog readers hope you are all well



Have your say about dyslexia assistive technology / software / hardware.

1 Have you ever used assistive technology

2 What assistive technology do you use?

3 How easy was it to learn to use?

4 Do currently use assistive technology?

5. What assistive technology have you used?

Please send us a review of any software and hardware you have used?

What assistive technology would you recommend others to try?

Send your views and reviews to me via a message on Facebook. Or leave a comment on my blog.


Many thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Send your answers to steve_mccue@hotmail.com

#PeaceLoveGrooveyness to you

Steve #UniqueDyslexic McCue

3 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Christina, over the years I have used Assistive technology, I have use the Kurzweil and dragon, naturally speaking and other types of assistive technology over the years.
    I found out that I was dyslexic when I six years old. This was in the late 1980s there really was no assistive technology back then.

    I really would like to know what assistive technology is out there to read hard cover books or paperback books. Any helped with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Christina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh it worked this time lol. For books, hard back or other wise there are e readers like Amazon (Kindle), Barnes and Noble (Nook), and Rakuten (Kobo) . Give you access to a huge range of books. I think a Kindle costs around £100. Most e readers you can adjust font size and type. Then there are tablets like the Amazon Fire tablet which can be used for reading and internet browsing etc you can get text to speech. software also. There are many other tablets that vary greatly in price. It's about finding what works for you. Your budget is another factor. Honestly, its a big topic to cover in a short response.

    ReplyDelete