Friday 10 November 2023

Neuro diversity, music and me

 

Me with my first bass guitar, a converted right hand bass for a lefty one. I think this is maybe 1979

Good morning all.

Well this morning the frost has laid a white blanket on the grass, roads and cars etc. I have been a musician most of my life. I still have my bass guitar which I bought around 1982. Its an Left Handed Ibanez Musician Bass. As far as I know one a few were ever made. Cost me a small fortune lol. Also have an Ibanez six string, cant remember which model.

For a good few years I have been into Ambient music. Ambient music is a genre of music that emphasizes tone and atmosphere over traditional musical structure. Personally, I like the feel or writing and listening to ambient music

I bought myself a new music app for my I pad a while back. Its called Scape and is a generative music app from Brian Eno and Peter Chilvers. You dont have to be a musician to use it, its quite easy to use. There are a good few free music apps out there.

If you are into making music, try some of the free, or free, apps available. For me as a dyslexic I have always found music and making music fab for many reasons from helping me develop my concentration to my sequencing skills and relaxation etc. All of which could benefit any dyslexic like myself. Its an app for Ipad and a fab tool for creating ambient music with art. I have been a fan of ambient music since 1975 and even create my own now and again. Wrote a whole album of ambient stuff a while back.. Ambient music and this app will not be for everyone. But investigate it.

One of my own personal fave ambient musician is Brian Eno.

Thanks for reading, please leave a like or a comment. Are you a dyslexic or neuro diverse musician?

Please help by blog grow and subscribe.

Steve #UniqueDyslexic McCue

Thanks to all my followers and readers, I appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment