Tuesday 31 July 2012

I dont suffer with dyslexia

It seems everywhere I turn I see the phrases suffers with dyslexia or dyslexia sufferer. There is a deluge of information and misinformation about what we, as dyslexics, cannot do. About 90% to 95% of what I read about dyslexia is negative and most of it is claptrap.

But dyslexics have extraordinary talents and gifts and can achive in all walks of life from politics to science from architecture to acting from entrepreneurship to writing. I could make a very long list of famous dyslexics which is cool.

But I have met many many extraordinary unsung people in the street dyslexics. Many who have struggled and overcome the barriers that a non dyslexic world places in front of them. However, many dyslexics still do no know they are dyslexic, many will struggle with unemployment, with reading and with writing. Its a waste of their lives and a waste to the economy.  It wouldn't take much to enable dyslexics in this position to enable them to overcome the barriers they face.



No comments:

Post a Comment