Thursday 18 July 2013

More good news

Dyslexia Pathways has just won a funding award for our new Unique Dyslexic Project. We got an award for just over £1,600 from Foundation Scotland. The award is going to be used to purchase some new equipment which is going to be used on the Unique Dyslexic Project and also enable us to deliver or Being Positive about Dyslexia awareness training package. Many thanks to Foundation Scotland for this award.

Now I am going to see if I can find some funding to pay for the creative master classes for the Unique Dyslexic project here in Fife. I am hoping to run three in different areas of Fife. Each session will run for 3 hours and the idea is to get creative dyslexics together and exploring their creativity and developing a peer support groups. I will also be providing some free computer based dyslexia screenings as well.

They can also explore and find our more about the positive aspects of being dyslexic and enhance their self esteem, self confidence and resilience.

I received some great news from a student I was giving dyslexia support to this year. She had passed her Honours Degree course and will be going on to a Master Degree next year. When I first met this student her confidence and self esteem were not in a good place. She was struggling with finding and keeping a focus on her work and with self management. Have to say she worked very hard to overcome these issues and I am very pleased she achieved her goals. Much of the time I worked with her went into mentoring and counselling. Always great to get good news like this.

I have been looking into setting up a new bank account for Dyslexia Pathways. Its an account for funding awards and has duel signatories because of this. Have to say I have found this very difficult to do. So many forms, so much information and all having to be written by hand, all very dyslexia unfriendly lol. Especially the hand writing thing sigh. I have a Master degree but if you looked at my handwriting you would think I was 9 years old. I can only write in upper case single letters one at a time. Very time consuming and frustrating and tiring. Still its nearly done and will be ready to send off by Monday. Have to give a big thanks to my wife who has been a great help with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment