Wednesday 13 November 2013

Dyslexia Pathways updates

Had a pleasant surprise today when I logged on to my blog this morning. I have had just over 5000 page views. Yes I know in the grand scheme of things its not very many. I have just read that someone got 350.000 page views in one month alone but hey I am happy to have reached over 5000.

I am working with a lot of dyslexic university students at the moment and am fully booked up with my dyslexia support work. I am having to drop a days paid dyslexia support work though to give me time to work on the Unique Dyslexic project. 

I just bumped into a student  I was supporting last year this morning. He attained a first degree and is now studying for his masters degree. Always good to hear how students I have supported are getting on.

Due to the issues I have been experiencing with the Unique Dyslexic website I have set up a new Unique Dyslexic Facebook page until the web site has been sorted out. Here is the link to the Unique Dyslexic Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/unique.dyslexic/

Anyone wanting to join please just send me a request to join. Also any creative dyslexic is welcome to share their creative work on the Unique Dyslexic Facebook page. You do not have to be a professional artist or writer to get involved. Unique Dyslexic is open to anyone of any ability who would like a forum to share their work. So if you are a dyslexic artist, writer, photographer, graphic designer or poet please feel free to share your work on the Unique page. 

Anyone who has any hints ant tips they would like to share with others please post them their. Please feel free to share the work of any artist or painter or photographer you are a fan of as well.

You might also like to share your stories and experiences, your joys and struggles, of being dyslexic. 

Unique Dyslexic is all about creating a hub / community for all things dyslexic and creative.

I am now in the process of writing a job description for a volunteer with some experience of using Word Press to assist me with the Unique website. I don't know what it is about Word Press but I cannot get my head around it at all. I think its because its all lists and flicking back and fourth between screens I find difficult. Not very dyslexia friendly sigh. I have used Dreamweaver and Contribute web packages and managed them pretty well but Word Press seems to me to be a different kettle of fish altogether.

I think the main problem was I was to ambitious and needed to have put together a clearer web brief. Something which I am doing now. I also allocated a budget for the Unique site in the Investing in Ideas budget.

With regard to my Dyslexia Pathways website I am going to Digital Fife to totally rebuild it using their software.

http://www.digitalfife.com/

This is totally dyslexia unrelated now. I was walking in Dundee high street the other morning and they were putting and the Christmas decoration in the street. I then just by chance looked up in the sky and saw flocks of geese flying in their v formation migrating for the winter. Interesting juxtaposition between Christmas coming and geese going lol. I should carry a camera round with me lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment