Friday 28 August 2015

announcing a little competition for dyslexics 16 years old and under



Hi blog readers from myself here at Dyslexia Pathways CIC hope you are all well and looking forward to a great week end. We are having a family bar b q here tomorrow if the weather permits so lets hops we get nice weather tomorrow.

COMPETITION TIME:

I mentioned this is my last blog. As part of our Unique Dyslexic Campaign we will be launching a dyslexia logo tee shirt design competition starting on September 1st 2015 and ends in two months time on 1st November 2015. Its for children / young adults 16 years old or younger.

The logo design focus is on being dyslexia positive

Maximum of three colours to be used.

Its not about being a fantastic artist its about being creative and having fun and sharing your ideas

I will set up a Pinterest board and create an album on Facebook to showcase all the artwork sent

The winner will be selected by our social media followers

Prize will be a tee shirt with the winning logo on it for the winner. The winner will be showcased on our social media

If there is anyone out there who would like to donate another prize. A small gift voucher perhaps that would be cool

This competition is open to any young dyslexic anywhere in the world 

Below are some of our new tee shirt logo designs which will be on sale soon. They are still not completed but the designs are nearly there. We would appreciate any feedback from you please.














Other News:

A few years ago I completed and passed the Leading Edge Social Enterprise Academy Leadership Certificate. It was a great course that I enjoyed tremendously and I had the honour to work with a lot of very talented leaders from other social enterprises and third sector organisation.  I have just received an invitation to a little celebration with other alumni from that course and others from which will be cool.

If I can raise £700 I will apply for their level 9 leadership certificate later this year. Bit that is a BIG IF though  lol. Here is a bit about the programme:



For current leaders and senior managers responsible for leading established third sector organisations and social enterprises. The programme guides you through modern leadership theory with insightful analysis of your own leadership styles and strengths, enabling you to better support your organisation.


First Port have asked me if I would like to enter their Social Entrepreneur of the Year award at the Herald Society Awards. I expect every recipient of funding from First Port will be invited to enter. Have to give a big round of thanks to First Port and Scotlund Unltd for their initial funding that helped me set up Dyslexia Pathways CIC.

Not sure if I will entre this but its still nice to get the invitation and I will definitely go to the awards ceremony to celebrate the work of Social Enterprises across Scotland.

The award is open to entrepreneurial individual who have set up and run a business driven by social aim, Which is certainly something that we do.

Anyway enough of me yammering on here have a great week end everyone

Dyslexia is a difference that reflects diversity #vivaladifference

ta for reading

regards

Steve
PS Please feel free or leave any comments here or on Facebook. Dyslexia can be quite isolating so remember:


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment