Tuesday 25 August 2015

dyslexia a difference that reflects diversity

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hi blog readers hope you are all well

I have not been online for a while. Problems with my computer, problems with my teeth and some procrastination problems and maybe an issue with confidence. I also think I just got plain exhausted by the week I spent at the Scotland CanDo Scale event. My brain was mince for a good week afterwards.

Sometimes even the most confident of dyslexics can get affected by our negative live experiences of being dyslexic in a non dyslexic world. Here I am a very happy and confident dyslexic. One who would quite happily swing in the belfry like a deranged Quasimodo telling anyone body who would listed about the positive of being dyslexic still being affected by that little negative voice in my head sigh.

For sometime I have not been going to get my thyroid and diabetic bloods done and I have been avoiding nurses and doctors like the plague. I am now in the process of resolving this also. I totally hate doctors, nurses, dentist and hospitals. This goes back to when I was a young kid. I spent a year in hospital, nearly died with scarlet fever, then got a really back throat infection etc. That was not so bad because I got to eat loads of ice cream. Apparently I had to be dragged into hospital kicking and screaming and a year later I had to be dragged out of hospital kicking and screaming

I also have two speeds when I am working, I am either working like crazy bursting with ideas, franticly updating social media and doing all the jobs I need to get done or I am doing nothing. Once I am doing nothing it can be very hard to get started again. But I am now focussed I have my list done, prioritised my work etc and moving forward.

Tee Shirts Progress:

We have made some great progress with the tee shirt designs. We have three nearly ready for sale and about three more we are nearly ready to move on to. I will be posting these in my next blog but they are up on my Pinterest page already.

I have completed one funding application for the tee shirt project and just have to get it proof read and put together a budget for this.

Dyslexia Training course:

I have completed my new neuro difference / dyslexia training course all ready to promote it. But as I said in my last blog I am still feeling the financial effects of my heart attack last year. Losing four months income and not being able to claim any benefits has made everything just so much harder this year. Still I have nearly completed a funding application to try and resolve this. Again its just putting together a budget for this.

Tee shirt competition:

I know I have been talking about this for a while but watch out for news on our Dyslexia Pathways CIC / Unique Dyslexic design a dyslexia positive tee shirt completion for kids 16 years old and under. The prize to be a tee shirt with the winning design on it. The winner to be selected by our social media followers.

Anyway its a toodle pip from me here in very sunny Glenrothes and peace love and groovyness to you all

ta for reading

PS: my bro from London is staying with us for a week. He is a brilliant dyslexic artist himself. Always good to see middle sized bro Ian as it is to see mini sized bro Neil. I am the older brother lol. 

 
and finally being dyslexic can be very isolating so my message to all dyslexics and parents and carers of dyslexics out there:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment