Wednesday 26 October 2016

Light it red for dyslexia

Light it red for dyslexia please



Hey ho blog readers I hope you are all well

I have been busy writing stage one application for an Improving Lives Lottery Bid. With the help of my wife an outline of a budget has been done and is ready to go.

I have nearly completed the written part of the bid. Which has been hard work by the way. I have made an appointment with Pat at Equalities Fife to get some support with this.

Not sure if you can see this but below is my dyslexic mind map of our idea. If there is anyone out there who would like to get involved with this huge fab project just e mail me at steve_mccue@hotmail.com




Funding:
I have been run a Donate Social campaign on our Unique Dyslexic page which is still going as well as a chocolate watch in a blast furnace. I know times are difficult for everyone but we are trying to raise £1000 to keep our websites running and to buy assistive tech for training etc.
I have also be paying to keep out web sites up and running out of my own pocket. I would be nice to be able to secure one year of costs for our web sites. It would give me the opportunity to sit down and learn more about developing more accessible web sites. 
Its easy to do just select the link below then the highlighted donate social link as seen in the graphic below and donate. If you can share or promote amongst your contacts that would be fabtastic also.
Below is the link to the page:
 
Just select the highlighted donate social button on the left and you can donate to our Paypal account
 Couple things going on next couple of weeks

On November 7th I am going to this event which I am looking forward to.


Scotland's Third Sector Governance Forum is proud to present our fourth conference in celebration of Trustees' Week. This is an opportunity to share Scotland’s collective experience of working as, and with, trustees. Our aims are to highlight the great work that trustees are currently doing, and to present opportunities for people from all walks of life to get involved and make a difference.
 
This year's conference will be in the Carnegie Conference Centre, Dunfermline, which is located a 15 minute walk from Dunfermline's Queen Margaret station, and is a fully accessible venue.
 This will be a full-day conference (lunch included), with a programme of events designed to emphasise peer-to-peer learning and support, with more opportunities to meet other delegates, share your stories, and, ultimately, collaborate for a transformational future!
Then on November 11th I am attending a Fife social enterprise conference at the Adam Smith Theatre in Kirkcaldy. I have booked a stall there also so if anyone wants to come along to say hi please do so. I intend to make a little film of the day if I can.
 
anyway that's enough from me today
 
ta for reading
 
Steve

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I had a fab day at the Fife Social Enterprise Network event. No film I am afraid as I was busy networking.

    ReplyDelete