Tuesday 8 November 2016

When and where were you assessed as being dyslexic? Progress progress progress



picture above Dyslexia Pathways logo

Hi blog readers hope you are all well.


A while ago I put together a little dyslexia questionnaire about dyslexia on Survey Monkey which gave some interesting results. The first question was about when and where people were assessed as dyslexic.


I thought I would try something similar again but as part of my blog.


Below is the question and results and all you have to do is answer the same question.



Question 1: When and where were you assessed as being Dyslexic?

19% were assessed at school


62% were assessed in later life either at college or university with a couple being assessed privately


19% had never been assessed but believed they were dyslexic.


One responder said," my son was assessed at school as dyslexic in 3rd grade and I was a lot like him in many ways"


So what would your answers to this question be. You can just leave your answers in the comments section at the bottom. You don't have to leave any information about yourself at all.


I am looking for support, volunteers with writing our business plan, for managing our social media and with digitizing my dyslexia resources



We were the first dyslexia focussed social enterprise. This means we are a business that has social aims and not for profit. We believe social enterprise and our social model of dyslexia ethos offers the dyslexic community and innovative, empowering and positive way forward for the dyslexic community.


Ta for taking the time to read my blog. Please share it amongst your friends and other Facebook pages etc.


Below are some photos from our Unique Dyslexic Get Creative furniture up scaling workshop don't in partnership with Furniture Plus and Claribella Christie.




















thanks for reading peace love and groovyness to you all

Steve McCue

4 comments:

  1. I was in my late 40s doing a degree in art when i was assessed as dyslexic with dyspraxi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was taken out of school at a young age as my parents could see traits of dyslexia in me as they'd already gone through it with my oldest sister, when trying to explain to my new teacher I was going to have, the response they got was that I was LAZY they were discussed so took me out of school and decided to teach me at home for a year which during this time at the age of 9.5 years I got diagnosed with dyslexia, for my final year of primary I went back into primary school but struggled hugely.

    ReplyDelete