Thursday 31 January 2019

a roller coaster of a week but thats the journey of a dyslexic social entrepreneur


Designed by the fab talented dyslexic artist Kathy Thompson



Hi blog followers and readers hope you are all feeling fab and life is good.

Well one of those times in my life where I am on that roller coaster ride...….

Highs of the roller coaster ride this week:

Think I mentioned this in my last blog but I am just so relieved to have my next five year business plan finished going to mention this again. Sheesh been working on about this thing for a year I think. It was certainly the hardest thing I have ever written. Its been like a monkey on my back ouch. Still that good old dyslexic determination got me there eventually.

Got a call from the BBC again inviting me to talk about Dyslexia which was fab. 

This week I passed my target for dyslexia support sessions from my university work for this year. Passed the number from the whole of last year. Mind you I couldn't work as hard as I would have liked because I was still recovering from my two heart attacks.

Finally, I uploaded some new dyslexia positive tee shirt designs I designed to our online shop. I have also uploaded designs from dyslexic artists. Really excited about this. Here is the design called 1 in Ten which represents 10% of the population are dyslexic. Below is a link to the shop:

Unique Dyslexia / Dyslexia Pathways on line shop




I am going to start promoting my three new dyslexia training packages. I am even thinking of delivering an Professional Development Award training course in dyslexia.

The low for this week:

The main dip in the roller coaster ride is I have had to close my Unique Dyslexic web site. I think its going to be online until the end of March. I hadn't wanted to do it because it was a website I designed for our successful Unique Dyslexic Get Creative project. Its not what I want to do but I don't think I have any choice.

Here is a link to the site. I have been wanting to update it for a while but just not had the opportunity.

Unique Dyslexic was about dyslexia and creativity while Dyslexia Pathways CIC was about academic and training.


http://www.uniquedyslexic.com/

Ok that my blog completed thanks for reading (Steve McCue founder Dyslexia Pathways CIC and Unique Dyslexic).


No comments:

Post a Comment