Monday 14 September 2020

Success with our kickstarter now the real work begins

 


Hi blog followers and readers

Hi I started my podcasting / broadcasting social media Unique Dyslexic Eye about 6 weeks ago. It was my organisations, Dyslexia Pathways CIC response to corona. We wanted to support the mental health and well being of the dyslexic and neuro diverse communities. 

My own dyslexia work basically came to a halt March 18th because of corona so I didnt have a pot to piss in to pay for this but I got it together. I was also on an HND course in broadcasting. Anyway, out of desperation mainly, I ran a Unique Dyslexic Eye Kickstarter which was successfully funded today. 

We raised £790 which is badly needed. Now I am looking for advice on equipment. I dont need any software because I have adobe audition. Its more hardware a good microphone budget £100 for a start. Also I am looking for a way to record interviews over the phone or online. Maybe some sort of small mixer. I am going to use some of the funding to pay from a podcast host. 

I use Buzz sprout, Podbean, Apple and Spotify. I am using the free versions of all of them so far. So who offers the best bang for my Kickstarter buck. I already have a Unique Dyslexic web site but I need to re brand it to Unique Dyslexic Eye. Lots going on here any help suggestions etc? 

Currently seeking sponsors.

#PeaceLoveGroovyness to you all

Steve McCue

No comments:

Post a Comment