Sunday 14 March 2021

A dyslexic student I was supporting said to me?

#VivaLaDifference #VivaDiversity


Hi me old muckers hope you are all well

A dyslexic student said to me, "nobody likes this think they have anything wrong with them, especially when it comes to the brain". The medical model of dyslexia says we have a discrepancy, a disorder a deficit. 

This is not an assessment its a life sentence, no wonder so many dyslexics give up on school. 

That's why I support the social model of dyslexia because it says being dyslexic is about diversity and difference. It recognises that it is our dyslexia unfriendly society and education system that disables. My blog / podcast explores how badly society handles diversity and difference.

#PeaceLoveGroovyness to you all

Steve McCue

No comments:

Post a Comment