Saturday 17 July 2021

Bits and Bobs

 

My Unique Dyslexic Eye show logo


Hi hope you are all well

A while back I was informed my social enterprise Dyslexia Pathways CIC was being considered for the 2020 / 21 Scotland Prestige award for the category, Dyslexia Support Service of the Year. I have now been informed that we are the 2021/22 Prestige award winner in that category. I have not mentioned this before because I thought it was a scam but apparently it is not. I am chuffed.

We all know Richard Branson is dyslexic. I think most of you will know I have been interested in outer space all my life. Its the dyslexic dreamer and curiosity in me. BUT. The billionaire space race is on? How many will die from COVID while they have their little jollies in space? This will add nothing to our understanding of space at all. All it takes is one bad COVID mutation and it could be hasta la vista humanity.

Priorities guys the needs of the billionaires don't out weigh the needs of humanity.

Teacher training does not prepare teachers for inclusion in their classrooms, does not prepare them to teach disabled, dyslexic, disabled kids. Teachers are not given the funding, time and resources to create inclusive teaching environments

One of my Unique Dyslexic Eye blogs has been selected to kick off the Disability Unions Disability Pride Month, I am chuffed: disabilityunion.co.uk/we-need-to-cha Please support #DisabilityPrideMonth #UniqueDyslexicEye #DisabilityUnion

This week we saw racism raise its ugly head again after England's loss to Italy. Bigotry and hate knows no logic.

#PeaceLoveGroovyness to you all

Steve Mccue

No comments:

Post a Comment