Tuesday 20 July 2021

Dyslexia: the three Ds

My Unique Dyslexic logo

Hi blog readers I hope you are all feeling fab. Yeah I understand things are tough for us all. This is certainly the toughest life has been for me in my lifetime.


A short blog this time...……………..

Being #dyslexic isn't about hidden disability. It's about a society that cant see our abilities and a Dyslexia unfriendly society that marginalises us .

An education system that's is so focussed on a negative medical model of dyslexia that can't see, or does not want to see, our abilities. A medical model of dyslexia that can only see us in terms of discrepancy, disorder and deficits.

Its about a society that cant get its head around the idea that dyslexia is about diversity and difference not discrepancy, disorder and deficits. I call the medical model of dyslexia the three d model lol its about as three d as a sheet of blank paper.

thanks for reading

#PeaceLoveGroovyness to you all.

Steve McCue 

Hi from me lol



No comments:

Post a Comment