Wednesday 1 June 2022

Finally, got it started lol


Hi everybody, hope you are all well

Finally, started writing my book. I think I could probably go through my blogs and find enough material to put it together. Here is a draft of my intro: I had been thinking for some time about writing a book about my life as a dyslexic. But somehow, I could never get around to doing it. There just seemed so many reasons why I shouldn’t write it.

Why would anybody want to read it?
Would I be actually be able to write a book?

What would I write about?

Do I actually have anything interesting to write about?

The list of reasons why I shouldn’t do it just kept on getting longer. My confidence in being able to write the book just kept on getting less and less. When it came to exploring the book idea procrastination became my middle name.

It wasn’t as if I couldn’t write because I’d been writing my dyslexia blog for years. 310.000 views so far.

It wasn’t as if I couldn’t get through my bouts of procrastination because I done that many times in the past.

It wasn’t as if I couldn’t motivate myself to write because I enjoy the writing process. Certainly, writing my dyslexia blog enabled me to explore my life experiences of being dyslexic, and enabled me to make sense of them.

I think maybe it was about commitment. About making a commitment to myself to explore the highs and lows of my life as a dyslexic. There was also something in there about reliving painful experiences from my childhood with my family and school.

In the end I thought to heck with it. Even if I was the only one to ever read it.

Writing a book about my life as a dyslexic might enable me to finally get rid of that little voice in my head that still today says things about me that I would never say to my worst enemy.

I think many dyslexics are the same we say things about ourselves to ourselves that we would never say to others friend or foe.

#PeaceLoveGroovyness to you all

Steve Unique Dyslexic McCue
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment