Thursday 27 July 2023

Some feedback from one of my dyslexic students

 

Recording a podcast in the studio

Hello all, hope everything is going ok for you all


Some student feedback

Here is some feedback I got from one very bright student I provided dyslexia support for. Most of it was very positive apart from what he has written in the last paragraph:

Having left school with little or no qualifications and with a real lack of confidence in terms of academic learning. 

But sport provided me with an avenue to realizes my potential, on the sporting field and through employment and education.

Through rugby I was given an opportunity to gain coaching qualifications and in turn gain employment. This was my dream job which I never thought possible, working as a rugby development officer within Dundee

I gained national recondition for development work I had carried out within the city through the achievements the club had made in volunteer and player development within the sport.

After seven years working through my personally perceived difficulties with dyslexia my confidence had grown and I realized I can achieve just as well as anyone else within the work place or other wise.
 
I left my job to do a HNC and HND in sports development which was done in one year at collage and achieved A’s in all three graded units.

After this I gained direct entry on to BSc Hons in Sports Development at university. Although at this time I have only received grades for one assay, which was an A18. I feel I’m achieving far high standards of work I had previously thought possible. With the support and guidance.

The dyslexia support Steve has given me has allowed me to focus my attention on strategies best suited to my personal strengths and overcome my weaknesses.

Although dyslexia should not be a block to achieving anything within within the workplace or education I still feel there are many negative preconceived prospection of individuals with dyslexia which can make life difficult.

This student was so concerned about this he didn't want me to mention his name at all.

Well that's all from me. If you like this blog please leave a like or even subscribe? Its all free to do.

If you would like to please write a guest blog or record a podcast for my Unique Dyslexic Eye show.

#PeaceLoveGrooveyness to you all.

Steve #Unique Dyslexic McCue

No comments:

Post a Comment