Monday 5 December 2011

Some student feedback

Here is some feedback I got from one very bright student I have been working with. Most of it was very positive apart from what he has written in the last paragraph:

Having left school with little or no qualifications and with a real
lack of confidence in terms of academic learning, sport provided me
with an avenue to realizes my potential, on the sporting field and
through employment and education.

Through rugby I was given an opportunity to gain coaching quilication
and in turn gain employment. This was my dream job which I never
thought possible, working as a rugby development officer within Dundee
I gain national recondition for development work I had carried out
within the city through the achievements the club had made in
volunteer and player development within the sport.

After seven years working through my personally perceived difficulties
with dyslexia my confidence had grown and I realized I can achieve
just as well as anyone else within the work place or other wise. I
left my job to do a HNC and HND in sports development which was done
in one year at collage and achieved A’s in all three graded units.
After this I gained direct entry on to BSc Sports development (Hons)
at university. Although at this time I have only received grades for
one assay which was an A18 I feel I’m achieving far high standards of
work I had previously thought possible. With the support and guidance
Steve has provided my this has allowed me to focus my attention on
strategies best suited to my personally strengths and weaknesses.

Although dyslexia should not be a block to achieving anything within
within the workplace or education I still feel there are many negative
preconceived prospection of individuals with dyslexia which can make
life difficult.


This student was so concerned about this he didn't want me to mention his name at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment