Thursday 22 December 2011

Exams

A lot of the dyslexic students I work with often struggle to perform on exams.  I was never too good at written tests or exams. It didin't matter how long or what I did to revise. And believe me I have tried a lot of revision techniques. I do manage to pass them in most cases but the difference between exam marks and course work marks were always very significant. For example for my degree my course work would be at 1st standard whils my exams at 2.2 standard. One of the main reasons for my inablilty to pass exams was the speed and ledgibility of my hand writing. Being given extra time and access to a computer were factors in improvememnt in exam scores. I got some good news from a couple of my students about exams. One got his first even A for an exam and another actually passed their first exam at university.

No comments:

Post a Comment