Saturday 11 August 2012

dyslexia and mental health

I am founder of Dyslexia Pathways in Fife. We are a social enterprise and our main objective is to enable people with dyslexia to unlock their potential and achieve according to their abilities within education, employment and training for employment. Did you know there was a link between dyslexia and mental health difficulties? I have worked with many dyslexic students at university who have experienced mental health difficulties because of the lack of dyslexia support recieved at school. Many dyslexics in employment also experience mental health difficulties because of a lack of support for their dyslexia. I have experienced this myself and know how devistating it can be from a personal prespective. Undiagnosed costs the UK economy one billion pounds a year but the costs to peoples mental wellbeing something I am concerend about.

No comments:

Post a Comment