Friday 16 May 2014

The sun has got its hat on.....AT LAST! lol

Good morning from sunny Glenrothes in Fife Scotland

We had our Dyslexia Pathways CIC board meeting on Sunday.....Many thanks to Carolynn, Anne and Lesley for giving up some of their Sunday.

The main focus of the meeting was the next three Unique Dyslexic Get Creative workshops. The music workshop will now happen sometime in July the location will be in Glenrothes and involves making and recording music. Mark Small productions will be running the event for us. I am hoping we will be able to hold it at Fife College in their music studio.

The Trash for Treasure workshop will take place in August and the location will be Dunfermline. It will be about refurbishing / revamping / makeover a piece of furniture. Furniture Plus will be hosting this for us.

The visual are work shop will be taking place in Anstruther. We are having to work on this again. I have just put up an advert on the Creative Scotland site for artist practitioners to run this event for us.

One of the objectives of Unique Dyslexic Get Creative was to take the workshops out to people all over Fife. Particularly those in disadvantaged communities. I think this is one objective that is going well.

We are also looking at putting together a little graduation event after the workshops. Invite organisations in Fife along, showcase the creative works of participants of Unique Dyslexic, get in a keynote speaker etc.

Later today I am going to place an order for 50 Unique Dyslexic Get Creative t shirts. Every participant will be given one as part of their graduation. I am also looking at funding to get more printed and to pay for a graphic artist to realise my other logo designs and printed as well. I am completing a Post Code Lottery bid at this time.

We also discussed possible sources of funding for a much bigger project.

I sent of my application to the Fred Edward Trust Fellowship. Have to give them a big thank you here. I basically filled out my application form over the telephone. Saved me a huge amount of time. They then sent it to me to edit and send back. I don't have high hopes with this, its a bit of a long shot. Think they will be looking at much bigger fish from a much bigger sea for this. But like I always say.

ALWAYS CHASE YOUR DREAMS
 
A big thank you to all the brilliant artists who have shared their work on the Unique Dyslexic Get Creative web site, Facebook page and group page.
 
 
 
To all those who gave the Unique Dyslexic facebook page a like. 107 is less than two weeks...brilliant. Lets go for 200.
 
 
Invitation to anyone who is dyslexic or thinks they are dyslexic or are from any neuro diverse community to share their creative works with us all at Unique Dyslexic Get Creative.
 
 
Invitation to anyone from any community to visit us and see what we can do.
 
 
Lets promote a more positive social model of dyslexia together and develop a more positive profile of dyslexia and all neuro diversity together.
 
I am hope the link below will take you to a podcast of this blog:
 



https://soundcloud.com/raelthing/podcast-1

No comments:

Post a Comment