Friday 2 May 2014

another cold cup of tea

Well that was me away early morning again and sitting at the laptop doing bits a pieces of work here in Glenrothes.  A hot strong cup of tea, milk no sugar, at my side.

I think I like the silence all I can here is the gentle hum of the laptop and the bashing of fingers on the keyboard. Give me clarity and I don't get distracted. I do get distracted easily particularly by any movement in my peripheral vision.

Its the big day today the web developer is giving me a call to go through the final processes at 4pm before the Unique Dyslexic web site is published. With any luck it might be up and running tonight. So fingers, legs, eyes and kidneys crossed we will be up and running tonight.

As I mentioned in an earlier blog we are setting up a new Facebook page. Yes I know we already have a page but I discovered that is a group page. Confused? I certainly was. Well the web developer set it up for us for free so who am I to turn down a freebie.

I think the Facebook page is supposed to be more businessy whilst the group page is part of my personal Steve McCue Facebook page. Ok businessy is not a real word I just made it up but it fits what I wanted to say.

The Unique Facebook page gives us access to a like button which is something you cannot have in a group page.

So for all members of the Unique Dyslexic Facebook group page here is a link to the actual new Unique Dyslexic Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unique-dyslexic/1431413910440768

Please follow the link and join us there and give us a like if you like what you see. I am going to keep the group page open as well as this new one;

For the benefit of new readers of my blog:
 
The objective of the Unique Dyslexic Project is to

support, promote and celebrate the creative talents of dyslexic individuals across the full range of the creative spectrum.
 
You do not have to be diagnosed as dyslexic and we
welcome and encourage people from dyspraxic,
dyscalculic, AD(H)D and Aspergers communities to
share their creative talents
on the Unique Dyslexic site also. Anyone from a
neurodiverse community can share their creative
ideas and talents is welcome.
 
We also welcome anyone from the community as a
whole to come a see what we can do.

 So the invitation to get involved and get

 creative goes out to:

 actors, animators, sculptures, artists, comedians,
chefs, dancers, dreamers, engineers, entrepreneurs,
games designers, improvisers, information
technology geeks, inventors, film makers, musicians,
 photographers, poets,, song writers, story tellers,
 writers and visionaries.

We have to show the world what we CAN! do and do
well so please get involved.

 
and yes you guessed it my cuppa tea in now stone

cold.

 


.

 

 

1 comment: