Wednesday 30 April 2014

hey hey bloggers how are your bellies for spots? lol

Good morning blog readers hope you are all well. I have been up since 3.30 am this morning working on various things. Went to bed at 11 pm, woke up at 2.30 am and I just couldn't switch my brain off. Its like I don't have a choice I have to do some work lol. So I have been reading blogs, catching up on what others have written as well as responding to blogs and questions.

The big news here is the Unique Dyslexic website is finished as far as content goes and is ready for publication. Gawd, I thought this day would never get here lol. The web developer has to do some work and search engines and web analytics, what ever that is. Its a little rough around the edges but once we have had the training we can polish up the site ourselves.

I had to write two reports for funders of Unique Dyslexic Get Creative. Both of which were very positive. Just have to wait for feedback from Fife Creative Learning Network and Fife Cultural Trust now. Have to give them a big bagful of thanks for the funding which enabled me to get Unique Dyslexic off the ground. I am thinking of approaching them about setting up an exhibition of dyslexic creative works here in Fife.

I have a couple of weeks away from the Uni work. Even when the unis do start up again there will be very little dyslexia support work for me. So I am making good use of the time to move forward with other things.

In my previous blog I mentioned I had a meeting with a representative from Ignite. Have to say it was a great meeting and it went very well. We outlined a plan of action for possible ways forward with Unique. This involves linking up with a university to see if we can work together on a way forward. Now it all seems very easy on paper but universities are busy places, they might think my ideas are rubbish lol. So we will have to see where this will take us.

Somebody from Just Enterprise called me yesterday. I had contacted them for some advice on income generation and sustainability. I want to make Unique self funding, ideally I would like to earn a living from this myself. Also about possible sources of funding for getting some Unique Dyslexic t shirts printed and finding a graphic artist to help realise my other logo designs. They have given me a way forward with the income generation and I have applied for business support. I am also looking at writing a funding bid with the postcode lottery for t shirt funding.

I am in the middle of writing a script / story board for a little movie I have to make for the Indiegogo crowd funding appeal. I think I would rather face a lorry load of crazed bowsers than do this sigh but it has to be done. Emmm for those who do not know Bowser is the baddie in Mario games lol.

We have put together two of the three Unique Dyslexic Get Creative workshops. One will be based around making music and the other is called trash for treasure. I am still chatting with the visual arts people re their workshop. I have narrowed it down to three ideas. Anyway I have to get it sorted as soon as possible so we can start working on promoting the workshops.

Somebody suggested I apply to the Fred Edwards Trust Power of One scheme. So I did a little research and gave them a call. They are going to organise a time for a chat over the phone to fill in the application form for this. Which is really helpful one less form to fill in lol.

Fred Edwards knew that change happens when inspiring people inspire others. Both in his professional life, and as an active citizen, Fred was one of those inspirational people. That is why the Fred Edwards Trust has set up a new Fellowship – The Power of One: Inspiring people to become inspiring people. It will create unique learning opportunities and support for emerging citizen leaders in Scotland.

We will see where this takes us.......always chase your dreams

So far this morning I have made myself four cups of tea and each one of them has been left un-drunk and gotten cold. Sigh better luck this time.

Many thanks for taking the time to read my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment