Saturday 5 April 2014

blogging on a wet Saturday morning


Hi ho blog readers hope you are all well.......The weather here in Fife has been manky for most of the week.....rain and damp  and yet more rain all week without a hint of sun at all.

I finished the blurb for the indiegogo crowd funding appeal apart from proof reading etc which will take me an age. I have to make a video for this sigh not something I am looking forward too. Still it has to be done and I have been toying with some ideas over the last couple of days. For the benefit of new readers I am seeking funding to realise logo designs for t shirts I have done as part of the Unique Dyslexic project. I am going to be seeking £2500 for this and to help pay for staffing costs for the project.

It seems like I do not have enough hours in the day for the Unique Dyslexic project and what with work and family I don't have much spare time at the moment. Still the Unique project is moving along at a pace. Its fast becoming a full time job in its own right. I keep on thinking of looking for volunteers but sigh but its not really possible right now.

I have a list of things to do which is as long as both my arms put together ouch. For example the whole social media thing which I feel is crucial for the success of the project needs to be more joined up.

If there is anyone out there with expertise in social media and who can offer some time to work on the project please contact me.  

I have a meeting with one of my directors on Monday to discuss options for two of the workshops. It looks like one will have a music focus and the other a visual arts one.

I am thinking about approaching Youth Theatre Arts Scotland to see if we cannot collaborate on something as part of the Unique Project.

I came to the conclusion the other day that I am no social media expert.......I am just a novice lol......must look for any courses on using social media more effectively. Or try and find a volunteer or volunteers to help run this area of the project.

For anyone interested here is how the Unique Website looks at the moment....well the front page anyways

http://www.dyslexiapathways.toolkitdemos.co.uk/

I have no idea how long the link will last for though.

I have been very busy yet again with my dyslexia support work........have been working with a lot of students preparing for exams........ouch I remember those stress, stress, stress and more stress lol. From next week the dyslexia support work will slow down. Especially over the Easter period when a lot of students will be going home. For the next three weeks I will not be doing any dyslexia support work for two days a week. So I will have some of time to catch up of things.

I met with a student I supported a couple of years on Thursday.....he is now looking to start his PhD have to say I was sooooo envious. Its an ambition of mine to take a PhD............... Still always good to meet with students makes all the work worth while.

Many thanks to anyone who took the time to read my blog....it is much appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing guy, Steve, we learnt so much from our recent meeting. Wow our brains were whizzing round over 100 miles an hour, lol. All very positive I must add.

    Now its time for me to rein in.........argh that is so difficult for me to do.....as you could tell from talking to me. However, I know how important it is to me to focus on one thing at a time to accomplish my goals.

    I will definitely be in touch with you very soon.

    Thank you so much for your invaluable time and support you gave us, we can not thank you enough.

    Watch this space....... !!!

    A very happy dyslexic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in all your endeavours you have some great ideas and a lot of inspiration to offer others. Enjoyed our chat a lot with all three of you

    ReplyDelete