Saturday 9 August 2014

ahhhhh all the fun of the fair on a Friday night?????? NOT!

There I was in bed all comfortable watching a Twilight Zone DVD when I start to realise I could hear a sound coming from the bathroom. So I get myself out of bed to investigate.  What do I find? The hot tap in the bath is running, not enough to turn on the hot water at the boiler. But just enough to be annoying.

Now none of us had a bath tonight so it cant be that one of us has left the tap running. Anyway I try to turn the tap off and all that happens is the water runs even faster and is now a torrent of water coming from the bath tap and a cacophony of noise from the water running through the taps. More to the point the water is running boiling hot. So we have to turn the boiler off.

Next I locate the stop cock under the sink and try to turn that off. Just not strong enough after my heart attack .And yes you guessed the blasted thing was stuck tight and un turn able.

Next stop call a 24 hour plumber who says he will call us back sigh. That was around midnight ago and still waiting for the call back.

Ahh the phone has just rang and he cannot do anything for us until 7am maybe.

We have tried calling every 24hour emergency plumber in the book and no answer from any of them. Have just rang Fife Council and got a big no from them. But they suggested calling the fire brigade and they came within 10 minutes.

The fireman put a pair of pliers to the stop cock and closed it in a couple seconds. Mind you the guy was built like crap house 6ft 5 inches tall at least.

Phew silence is golden. Have to get a plumber in tomorrow morning asap as we have no running water here now. Its not 02.10 am and I am wide awake lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment