Friday 10 October 2014

My life as an acorn and other stuff

Hi blog readers hope you are all firing on all thrusters.

My regular readers may remember that I started a 20 week business incubator course a few weeks ago at Acorn Enterprise. I have to report I am enjoying all aspects of this course. I would heartily recommend this course to any entrepreneur or prospective entrepreneur.

Rather than me just writing about the course please follow the link below to get more information in a video about this great course from Kallum. Acorn Enterprise is his idea and he has experience of being an entrepreneur himself...............

http://www.acornenterprise.co.uk/

Things I like about this course:

They guys, Kallum and Dane running the course are great, they are dedicated, knowledgeable, approachable and very supportive

I very much like the fact that I get the opportunity to meet with other entrepreneurs like myself

I have to attend two half days a week and can use the premises whenever I like during the rest of the week which gets me out of working from home and gives my weeks some structure.

This week the guys at Acorn brought in representatives from  Fife Chamber of Commerce, Federation of Small Businesses, Royal Bank of Scotland, Business Gateway and Skills Development Scotland. 

All the Acorns were given the opportunity to talk about themselves, their businesses and ideas and the representatives from the organisations gave us insights into the support we could access. Everyone appeared to enjoy this opportunity.

Below are a couple of photos from one of the sessions at Acorn:






 
 


On the Unique Dyslexic Get Creative front I am very busy putting the final touches to the Unique Dyslexic Get Creative Celebration of Creativity Event on the 29th October. We have send out around 90 invitations so far and have responses from about 25 people and organisations so far. We are hoping to get at least 50 people attending the early part of the event and the same again to the latter part which includes the entertainment.

This event is all about being dyslexia positive, about raising awareness of the social model of dyslexia and about showing what we can achieve.

If there is any organisation out there interested in coming along contact me at steve.mccue@uniquedyslexic.com.

or 01592 756 187

This is the first event of its kind to be held in Scotland so come along and be a part of a very special day for my organisation for all those who participated in the five workshops and on our social media. Dyslexia Pathways CIC. We were the first social enterprise to have a dyslexia focus certainly in Scotland and possible the UK.

Below is a link to the invitation to this event and with more details of what is happening at the event.

Much more news to report but that's for another blog in the future

ta for taking the time to read my blog it is much appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Steve, please see Link-23 on ExWyZeeReading.com (Scroll down to the list of links. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dyslexics who have come to me are not happy dyslexic campers. All of the adults were on the Dyslexia Resignation Plateau. ie This is me. That's all there is. Some of them I was able to convince that was not all there is. And some not. I'd like to send you a 20 minute video of Ron Galehouse coming out but son't know how to do it via a blog. Bill Swart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bill my apologies for not responding sooner. Life has just been too busy what with Xmas, Kids, my work etc Please do send the video. If it is on the net anywhere you can send me a link.

    ReplyDelete