Monday 24 November 2014

ahhhh technology dontcha just love it sometimes lol

Hi blog readers hope you are all well.

Been a while since I wrote my last blog..........have been just a bit busy of late.

On the 18th I went to the Startup Summit at RBS at Gogarburn in Edinburgh. Have to say I enjoyed the day immensely. Did a lot of networking and made a good few new contacts.

I also spent the day videoing and photographing the event and all the presentations on my brand spanking new state of the art smart phone which I had bought the day before.

Normally I would write down names of people and organisations to help my dyslexic memory to remember them and what they all had to say. But today I did the video and photo thing. All very clever I was thinking to myself lol.

Until??????

Then after a long day having fun and enjoying myself I down load all the video and photos onto my computer as soon as I got home.

Oh yes I was all very pleased with myself being so dyslexia friendly to myself and already writing my blog of the day in my head.  

That was until I tried to open the files that is lol. Then to my dismay I find all the files from my phone were in a raw format and yes you guessed it my computer will not let me open the files. So all my video and photos of the day cannot be viewed at all.

I have had a good fun filled hours trying to find a way to convert the raw files into jpegs so I can see and use the images but so far with no success.

Ahhh technology dontcha just love it........

Anyway after a little search on google I got a couple of useful images:
 

 
The above is a photo of Bruce Walker young entrepreneur of the year 2014 who hosted the event. He runs these summits worldwide. Bruce is the Founder and CEO of We Are The Future, a not-for-profit organisation headquartered in Edinburgh, connecting and inspiring entrepreneurs across the world through global summits.

 
Here is a couple of logos from the summit
 
 

I have to say RBS at Gogarburn is a massive place. I had never actually been in the place until this summit and had no idea the place was so huge. Below is an overview of the place the grounds surrounding the buildings are massive also.

 
Anyway I will keep on trying to convert my raw image files into jpegs and maybe will post them all in a later blog.

The other news is I am starting a crowd funding appeal with VC Bloom to fund my tee shirt logo ideas. More on that in a later blog.

many thanks for reading my blog

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment