Tuesday 11 November 2014

Taking a rest and taking the time to do the mundain things we all need to do.

Hi blog readers hope you are all well......

Well its nearly two weeks since the Unique Dyslexic Get Creative Celebration of Creativity and I have been taking a little rest to recharge my batteries.

Well when I say taking a rest hmmmmm????

I have been attending the Acorn Enterprises Business Incubator course for just over 10 weeks now and I have to say I have learned a lot out running a business. I have also consider myself privileged to be working with everyone else on this course.  

Looks like Dyslexia Pathways CIC will be taking a new director on board in the very near future....which is just what we need right now. The new director is also dyslexic and I am certain she will be a great asset to Dyslexia Pathways CIC and Unique Dyslexic. Just a couple things need to be sorted out before I introduce here to you all.

My dyslexia support work is going ok. I am only doing one day a week at the moment but I am fully booked up every day I am working. What with the Unique thing, going to Acorn and attending my cardiology physiotherapy each week I just couldn't do any more anyway.

I just have to write two reports for the Big Lottery and Foundation Scotland as the final part of Unique Dyslexic stage one.

Even when this is done I don't think I will take any more uni dyslexia support work on. After my heart attack a few months ago I was supposed to have taken time off from work totally. But just was unable to do this because Unique Dyslexic work had to be done.

What I am going to do is focus on stage two of Unique Dyslexic, on looking for new business opportunities and to develop my tee shirt ideas further. But at a slower pace to give myself time to get my health back together.

I also have to revisit the Dyslexia Pathways website and actually add prices for the services we offer. I also have to start getting my head around Toolkit so that I can update the Unique website. Also have to do the same for the Unique Dyslexic Phone app.

Its a pain because because it means my income will drop by 80%. I usually do dyslexia support work five days a week but am now only doing one.

I actually took some time to organise all my paper work eeeep shock horror. I find paper pushing totally alien and utterly mind numbingly boring. But hey these things have to be done. 

ta for taking the time to read my blog it is very much appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment