Monday 23 March 2015

A bit a upsy downy day today


Hi blog readers hope everyone is well and happy.

Today has been somewhat frustrating but in the end a fruitful day. I have been umming and arring about launching the crowd funding appeal for last week. Oh it is going the be launched but I decided I needed to make a little two minute intro video before I launched it.

Simples you might think, at least that's what I thought. I have spent 4 hours today trying to get it right but with no success. 16 unsuccessful takes today and eons of time downloading and watching each take and time wasted lol.

I thing its the dyslexic seeing the big picture thing getting in the way. Gawd gimmie a ten thousand word assignment and I am as happy as a pig in poo. Ask me to write a five hundred word assignment and I struggle. I made a 17 minute video with music text and images no problem at all....two minute video me just talking arrrghhhhh lol.

The last take was close but not close enough so I will have to give it another go later in the week. No time tomorrow as I have two networking / work shop events to go to tomorrow that will keep me busy all day. Wednesday I have 5 dyslexic students to see at Heriot Watt University. Thursday I am going to see the capacity building officer at Voluntary Action about getting some support with writing a business plan for stage two and for the new dyslexia centre.

The late afternoon went much better. Had a meeting with someone at Voluntary Action something to do with employability and it looks like we will get some new business from this. We also got some good new leads from this meeting. it also looks positive for stage two of Unique Dyslexic.

Regarding the new dyslexia centre we are looking for some funding for hiring an architect for development of early stage plans, e.g change of use, feasibility study, planning application, virtual walk through etc. This will help us with out larger funding bids for the development of the centre. We will also be running a crowd funding appeal to raise cash for this.


Here is a photo I took about a week ago from the inside of my car. Its just ice and frost on my windscreen but it looks stunning.

Anyway many thanks for taking the time to read my blog

regards

Steve

PS We promote dyslexia in terms of a difference that reflects the diversity inherent within humanity. The world would be a poorer place if it were not for dyslexic ingenuity, dyslexic creativity, dyslexic problem solvers or dyslexic entrepreneurs?  Unique Dyslexic viva la difference

No comments:

Post a Comment