Friday 27 March 2015

Non stop this week and nearly time to relax lol some hope!


Good morning from Glenrothes in Scotland........

NEWS ON THE CENTRE:

Well its Friday to and nearly the end of my working week. I have had a number of very positive meetings with Fife Council and Voluntary Action regarding our plans to open a new dyslexia centre here in Fife.

Alan Fowler at Voluntary Action has been particularly helpful. He is provided us with so great contacts and is offering support in writing a business plan etc. He also did a funding search for us that was very useful.

This is all about networking and making new friends who can support us in our goal. I have also had two meetings with Carolynn Cruickshank Grey, who is one of our directors, regarding the centre also. We have put some meat on the bones so to speak and now have a clear set of objectives and idea of what we will be doing in this centre.

Among the many things we would be providing here would be the building of units where creative dyslexics can work, a dyslexic cafĂ©, advocacy services for parents etc, dyslexia training courses, stuff around dyslexia and employability, entrepreneurship etc.

We are also exploring the idea of making the centre as energy efficient as we can using green technology so that we can sell surplus energy back to the grid. The centre will employ local dyslexics, we will take on interns and volunteers also. This centre has to self sufficient and self funding if it is going to work long term.

I would appreciate and feedback about this from my blog readers........If there were a centre like this would you use / visit it?  

I also went to a meet the funders meeting with Scotland Town Partnership, (STP), this week where I learned a lot about funding and writing funding bids. Looks like we can get some support from the STP also. 

They most positive thing I have gained from this week is the very positive feedback we have had from everyone we have met.

The only fly in the ointment is my personal finances at this time. I was unable to do as much paid work last year due as I normally do due to my heart attack. I did 20 week business incubator course whilst I was in recuperation from my hear attack and I was doing all sorts of other stuff because of my hear attack. Basically instead of doing paid dyslexia work five days a week I have been doing one.

On the plus side I am networking so much more than I was just meeting with all these organisation and this in itself may bring in some new business,

OTHER NEWS:

I have had two expressions on interests from two universities regarding the Scottish innovation certificate. My last experience with was not exactly stellar but I have high hopes this will work better this time. I think the main issue with my last attempt at this was the sheer size of my accessible social media idea.

Anyway that enough from me

ta for reading my blog it is very much appreciated.

regards

Steve

PS:

Where would the world be without dyslexic ingenuity, dyslexic creativity, dyslexic vision or dyslexic empathy.

Dyslexia is a difference that is an expression of the diversity inherent within humanity.

#vivaladifference


 





No comments:

Post a Comment