Wednesday 10 June 2015

At last the summer has arrived in Scotland amazing how the sun can cheer you up.

Hi blog readers hope you are all well

Firstly I would like those who have been kind and generous enough to contribute to our Unique Dyslexic Crowd Funding including Dr Ross Cooper, Anne Walsh, Alisa Clark, Lecia, my bro Neil McCue and every one on the 17 people who contributed. We may not have achieved our target but we can use the monies contributed to get 4 or 5 of our designs completed and ready for sale. 

I think there is still around 2 days to go before our crowd funding appeal finishes. The idea is to enable dyslexics everywhere to advocate for a more positive profile of dyslexia and inform the non dyslexic community of the strengths we have and what we can do.

Dyslexia is a difference that reflects diversity

Neuro Difference is as important as biodiversity

Here is a link to our crowd funding page please consider donating / contributing.

http://igg.me/at/uniquedyslexic/x/9774884

Below are some of the ideas we are going to take forward to the next stage of this Unique Dyslexic campaign.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Other news
 
I had a phone call from Boston regarding my designs for a new dyslexia phone app. It was from the professor from St Andrews Uni I am working with on this project. We will be seeking a small team of dyslexic volunteers to support us on this exciting project.
 
I would love to hear from dyslexics who use phone apps, what they use them for, tell us what works for them and what people would like from a phone app.
 
I am hoping I will also be able to go ahead with another project with Napier Uni but the main focus is St Andrews.
 
I am going to be promoting a dyslexia awareness training package soon. I am hoping to get some support from Enterprise Scotland with this.
 
I had a few invitations to meetings at the Scottish parliament with the futures forum etc but was unable to go to them.
 
Anyway ta for taking the time to read my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment