Monday 22 June 2015

Putting the pieces all together


Hi blog readers hope you are all well

Some of you may have noticed I have not written a blog for a while. I have been really pushing myself hard over the last few weeks what with crowd funding, phone app etc. So I have been going through a period of procrastination putting things off and then off again. If procrastination were an Olympic sport I bet a dyslexic would win gold every time lol.

I have also been pretty knackered as well because my thyroid has been playing up. If anyone wants to share their experience of procrastination and their tips on how to overcome this please share on our Unique Dyslexic Facebook pages. 

Not I am trying to get myself moving again. So I have set myself some achievable goals and trying hard to keep a focus on them and working in one hour bursts to support my dyslexic working memory and concentration. 

Yesterday we had a great Dyslexia Pathways CIC board meeting at our home. Thanks to all 5 of our directors for giving up their Sunday to come along to the meeting. I very much appreciate for their support. We are always on the look out for new directors who would be interested in supporting out work here.

Next board meeting in around 6 weeks time when we will have more news on the tee shirt front.

First on the agenda was the next stage of Unique Dyslexic tee shirt campaign. We have selected 3 out of the six designs to develop further with a graphic artist. The jig saw design was the one that received the most positive feedback.

We also have two slogans designs that we are moving forward with also. Many thanks again to all who helped us by contributing to our crowd funding campaign. We will be setting up a store front to sell the tee shirts with a UK company and will probably be offering other products as well.

Dyslexia Pathways CIC in a social enterprise and as such a not for profit organisation and if this idea takes off and money earned from selling these tee shirts will help us in supporting dyslexics across the world. It will help us keep our web sites up and running for a start.

We have completed two new funding applications one of which relates to our goal of opening a new dyslexia hub here in Fife. I think we have around a 50 / 50 chance of securing funding from both of these.  

The hardest things about funding for us is the fact the most funders think of community in terms of geographical area and we in the dyslexia community do not all fit into one nice neat geographical area.  Also many of the funding applications are quite complex and require lots of information in a specific format. Hard enough for non dyslexics but for myself its a night mare. Particularly the proof reading bit.

I have a few events to attend one at Entrepreneurial Spark which I am looking forward to a lot.

Dyslexia Pathways CIC / Unique Dyslexic New Flashes
 

We would like to set up a small Friends of Dyslexia Pathways CIC group. We would like to group to give us feedback on tee shirt designs and with our phone app projects.  If interested please add a comment here or send me a private message on Facebook, Twitter or Linked in.
 
We will soon be launching our little tee shirt logo competition for children under 16. Yes I know I have been talking about this for a while but its just been work overload. The idea is to design a positive dyslexia focussed logo or maybe a Unique Dyslexic logo. The winner will selected by you guys out there.
 
Many thanks for taking the time to read my blog
 
PS: a big thanks to all you unsung dyslexic hero's out there fighting for dyslexic kids and people across the world.
 
PPS:
 
It was Layla's 6th Birthday last week......thought I'd share a photo from here little party with Elsa as special guest.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment