Wednesday 23 February 2022

Some tools in my dyslexia learning tool box

Hi from me 

Hello from me here in Glenrothes in Scotland

I now use Alexa for spelling when I am at home. Alexa is fab for spelling and you can ask her as many times as you like. 

You can also develop a personalised dictionary with the common words you struggle to remember how to spell. 

For grammar, do not try and find all grammar mistakes at the same time. Make a list of your common grammar errors and go through the list one at a time. 

What ever you do, do not let what other people say stop you, never let their remarks stop you from writing or reading. 

There is also a free suite of assistive technology called My Study Bar that might help. The only way you will know if its going to work for you is download and try it. My advice with assistive tech software is, try a free version first if there is one available.

Below is a link to the, My Study Bar site:

My Study Bar Link

Just a few ideas that are in my dyslexic learning tool box. What is in your dyslexia tool box. Remember, no two dyslexia learning tool boxes are the same.

#PeaceLoveGroovyness from me to you

Steve McCue


No comments:

Post a Comment