Tuesday 9 April 2013

News on the new project and other stuff.

Funding from the Fife Cultural Trust has been put into the company bank account. I have a meeting with the web site developers on Thursday. I have some rough designs for the logo ready as well as for the website itself.

I have book some training with the mentoring network which looks like fun in a couple of weeks. I have a meeting afterward to discuss an idea I have for mentoring dyslexic entrepreneurs and potential entrepreneurs.

I received some great feedback yesterday from a student I have been working with:

Stephen is extremely helpful, supportive and friendly. Over the past few months he has helped me to overcome many challenges which I have encountered whilst at university. I now feel able to approach my final year with confidence.

Always great to get good feedback from students and am very happy with the progress this particular student has made. He is a very bright individual and I wish him every success. Have to say I am very lucky because I love my work.

I was working with another student this week. He was originally assessed at 14 but was never given any dyslexia support by his school. All they did was put him into the lowest level class containing disruptive and disaffected young people.

Another student is still waiting for his assistive technology four months after his dyslexia assessment. Unfortunately he is one of many across the UK in this position.

No comments:

Post a Comment