Wednesday 5 August 2020

Support our Unique Dyslexic Eye podcast / broadcast Kickstarter campaign


Unique Dyslexic Eye logo




Unique Dyslexic Eye Podcasting and Broadcasting

This campaign will be officially launching in a couple days. I am seeking seeder to share the news, to possible donate to Unique Dyslexic Eye so we can keep our broadcast / podcasts going on a regular basis.  Also looking for possible collaborators to help with this, The campain lasts 30 days. If you are interested contact me st steve_mccue@hotmail.com .

Last year I took an HND in Broadcasting. My dyslexia blog has over 270.000 views and I wanted to reach out further into the dyslexic and neuro diverse communities. 
Like everyone else Corona got in the way.

My university work and in college work came to a halt. I have to start shielding in my home March 18th. I needed to keep my dyslexia work going in some way and so Unique Dyslexic Eye was created. Corona has meant that many of us have been left isolated in our home because of lockdown. So the only way to reach out was radio, podcasting and social media. 

The lock down and isolation has had an impact on our mental health no question about that. So the idea was to address this in two ways. Part of my podcast / broadcasts feature music written and performed by dyslexic and neuro diverse musicians. Giving them a forum to show and share their talents. The other part of the show is about raising awareness of the positives that can come with being dyslexic and neuro diverse individual. 

Well right now I am doing the whole show from my laptop, I dont have a proper microphone to use, no mixing desk etc. I had access to all the equipment needed at the college.

I have paid for the Adobe Audition software and for the Unique Dyslexic website myself. Even though I have had no income since my dyslexic work stopped. I work freelance so no regular income. So money raised will help develop the shows further.
I want to develop this into a global community for dyslexic and neuro diverse communities.

I want to try and tackle the isolation. But also it is well known being creative is good for mental health. So Unique Dyslexic Eye and work to enable people to overcome mental health issues. 

I am going to re brand the Unique Dyslexic website so we can support people who are creative in dyslexic and neuro diverse communities. More to the point Unique Dyslexic Eye's social model of dyslexia and social enterprise focus provides a more inclusive and positive vision that challenges the idea that dyslexia and neuro diversity is about disability.

Here is a link to one of my podcasts on dyslexia


#PeaceLoveGroovyness to you all

Steve McCue founder Unique Dyslexic Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment