Thursday 13 August 2020

Unique Dyslexic Eye Broadcasting KIckstarter

Unique Dyslexic Eye Logo




An audio visual version

Hi blog readers hope you are all well

Just want to bring you news of our new Unique Dyslexic Eye Broadcasting Kickstarter. The idea of this Kickstarter is:

To support the mental health and well being of the dyslexic and neuro diverse communities during Corona virus and after Corona is done.

How we want to do this:


My dyslexia blog has over 270.000 views and I wanted to reach out further to the dyslexic and neuro diverse communities by making it more accessible. So 2019 / 20 I took an HND in Broadcasting as I wanted to set up a dyslexia and neuro diverse podcast and broadcasting station. Many of us are experiencing isolation and it is impacting on our mental health and well being. The irony of this is many from the dyslexic and neuro diverse communities experience isolation throughout their lives. Our goal is to support the dyslexic and other neuro diverse communities during Corona and beyond.

Like with everyone else Corona got in the way of all our lives. For me my university work stopped and I lost my income. My college broadcasting course came to a halt at college and I had to learn from home. Like everyone else I went into lock down in my home March 18th. I needed to keep my dyslexia work and broadcasting course going in some way and so Unique Dyslexic Eye was created. 

It is an irony that many dyslexic and neuro diverse people feel isolated.  Corona has meant that all of us have been left isolated in our homes because of lock down. So the only way to reach out was radio, podcasting and social media. 

The lock down and isolation has had an impact on our mental health and well being no question about that. So the idea is to address this in three ways. Part of my podcast / broadcasts features and promoted music written and performed by dyslexic and neuro diverse musicians and poets. Once the web site is running we will feature creative work the dyslexic and neuro diverse communities. Giving them a forum to show and share their talents. The other part of the show is about raising awareness of the positives that can come with being dyslexic and neuro diverse individual. Finally its about getting people together sharing their stories and offering mutual support. 

I already have a strong social media presence. For example my dyslexia blog has had over 270.000 views. So I want to further develop the social media platform so people can support each other and reach out for support.

To do this we want to try and raise £750 to help pay for equipment and costs of running the station. Up until now I have been funding this from my own pocket.

Unique Dyslexic Eye has been running for just over a month and we have already had over 200 downloads; Here is a link to my podcasts and radio shows on Spotify:


We will be launching this KIckstarter 14,08,20 and will be running for 30 days. I know times are tough but as the saying goes every little helps.

thanks for reading

#PeaceLoveGroovyness

Steve McCue

No comments:

Post a Comment