Tuesday 11 October 2011

book

Something I have been thinking about for a long time has been writing a fictional book. I have a couple of ideas for stories but the idea of actually starting to write fills me with more than a little trepidation and dread. I have writen a few short stories and lyrics in the past but never found it an easy thing to do.

Quite a few people have suggested that I write a book about my own life as a person with dyslexia. But I have never comfortable with this idea at all and why would anyone want to read about my life anyway?

Still I am great believer in self reflection as a tool for personal growth in my professional and personal life. It is something I suggest to all the students and people I work with. Sefl reflection helped me make sense of a lot of events in my life and with my dyslexia. I do write quite a lot as part of my own self reflection on events and thoughts in my personal and professional life. But until now this has been done in quite a random way

What should I write about if I were to start writing a book? Like us all I have been through some very difficult life experiences. Some of which I have only spoken about or mentioned to a very few people. I don't even give much thought to some of there difficult experiences because they were so painful.

A few weeks ago I put together an outline for a book using a mind map and I think I will start to write this self biography. I think starting this blog has made me more comfortable with this.

Anyways we shall give it a go and see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment