Thursday 1 November 2012

Dyslexia support work rooms

Had 5 great dyslexia support sessions today with 5 quite different students. Even got to work in a very nice room with a nice big window letting in lots of natural light today. Normally I get the pleasure of working in a small sideroom that has a long appature in the ceiling leading up to a small window which lets in no natural light what so ever. Still its a warm and resonable comfortable room to work in.

I can't complain though. When I first started working with dyslexic students I had to find my own classroom to work in with a student. No privacy at all then as anyone could walk in during a dyslexia support session and any time.

In one college I worked at I had my own office and place to work with students. It was in a building euphamistically called The Cottage. My office was on the first floor. Sounds rather quaint a lovely but the Cottege was right next to a main road which often disturbed me and my students. The bottom floor was used as a staff room where staff oftem went to cook and eat their microwaved food and smoke lol. The smell of the food often permiated into my office lol. Ahhhh happy days as they say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment