Sunday 11 November 2012

Sigh lol

My dyslexia work at universities is going very well. I have already seen more students than this time last year and am doing some dyslexia support work 5 days a week. Had a bit of  blip last week on Wednesday with my health but managed to work through it. Had to cancel one appointment though as I was just too ill to concentrate. So far this month is going well too.

Thursday was an interesting day. I had to get into Edinurgh by public trasport and it was a total night mare. Basically I spent 5 hours working providing dyslexia and over 6 hours travelling by bus from and to Glenrothes. I left my home a 6am and finally arrived home at 6.45pm. I got home my brain was just mince lol

I am struggling finacially at the moment but will be solvent again once I get paid for the dyslexia support work I carried out in October. I will probably end up £100 in overdraft by the time I get paid for the October work at the end of November. I love what I do and have other ideas to develop but this working for yourself lark is very hand to mouth and far from an easy option.

I would like to get myself on a course to update my skillset but everything costs money and its money we just do not have at this time. I would like to do something more on social enterprise so that I could mentor other dyslexic entrepreneurs or in something to do with leadership. Or update my dyslexia teaching skills so that I could work with children as well as adults. Finally, I need to get some refresher training in assisstive technology. The inability to get any training for myself is the one thing which gets me down. I am keeping my eyes open for any possible free training I could access but as yest not seen anything suitable.

Had a meeting with our graphic artist volunteer who is helping me to realise my designs for a new project I want to push forward with. He is dyslexic himself and is quite a talented artist. We met in a little coffee house and had a very interesting conversation about my work and this new project. We quite forgot about paying for our coffee and were chased out by one member of staff asking for payment. Do'h I wasn't trying to do a runner we just strolled out of the door in deep conversation lol. Still the staff were very polite about it and I was very apologetic and embarressed lol.

I have received a lot of calls from prospective dyslexic volunteers which is another area I would like to develop. However, I think I would need some office space to move in this direction. Which again costs money that we do not have. Once December is here I will look into the crowd funding idea once again.

Sigh lol




No comments:

Post a Comment