Wednesday 12 February 2014

Up early again

Its 4 am here in Glenrothes Scotland. Been tossing and turning in bed for the last hour unable to switch my brain off.

So I have come downstairs and fired up my laptop to get some work done.

The Unique web developer sent me a couple drafts of the new update logo I want for the site. Two were a good start and we are going on for the next draft. Have to say Toolkit the web developers have been very good so far.

I have been researching the psychology of colour for the last couple of days. Phew I never knew there was so much to think about lol. Proposed colours of the logo are possibly orange and purple, or gold and purple or blue and gold or gold and orange. No I have to say I am at a bit of a disadvantage here as I am colour blind. I am very colour blind in fact.

Orange calls to mind feelings of excitement, enthusiasm, and warmth.

Purple also represents wisdom and spirituality

Blue calls to mind feelings of calmness or serenity. It is often described as peaceful, tranquil, secure, and orderly.

The color gold is the color of success, achievement and triumph

So what do you think about each of these colour combinations. I think I like gold and purple best so far but we will have to see what they look like in combination and how they look on the website itself.

I have been firing off ideas to them for the last couple day on the general look of the site. Just sent off an email about the general structure of the site.

I will soon be looking for creative material for the Unique site itself. The Unique Project is open for anyone of any ability from someone who just enjoys being creative to aspiring amateur creatives to professional.

When I talk of creativity I am talking across a whole range of different activities including: 




comedy, music/song writing, innovation, entrepreneurial activity, story telling/writing, film making, animation, art, IT, poetry, engineering, cooking, problem solving, leadership, sports, dance, architecture, academic innovation, meaningful education....


Even if you do not feel you are creative come and visit the Unique Dyslexic Facebook and see what others are doing. See if it fires up your imagination. You do not have to be dyslexic to get involved. If you are an organisation who support dyslexics, or just interested in creativity or finding out more about dyslexia you are welcome to join the facebook page. 





No comments:

Post a Comment