Sunday 22 June 2014

I have been blogging like a crazy man today lol

My apologies its yet another blog entry from me. Gawd that's three is one day......maybe I should have a heart attack every week lol.

I am dyslexic not ill, I am dyslexic and very happy to be so, I am dyslexic and a unique individual with strengths and weaknesses just like everyone else both dyslexic and non dyslexic. I am dyslexic therefor I am. Dyslexia is a very important part of me. In fact being dyslexic defines who I am as a thinking, emotional and intelligent human being.

Yes dyslexia has placed many barriers in front of me. However, many of those barriers have been placed there by society. All I can say about barriers is are there to be broken through and each barrier broken through has made me stronger and those struggles made me who I am today.

I am dyslexic ok so I might struggle with spelling or with my organisation etc. On the other hand I am dyslexic and a great problem solver,  an excellent teacher, artistic, a musician and a social entrepreneur etc. I doubt I would have been any of these if it were not for my dyslexia.

Given the choice between being a great speller of word or an organisational demon or my music or problem solving skills I would choose music and problem solving every time

I am dyslexic not ill and neither is my brain malfunctioning or abnormal. I do not want to be medicalised, remediated or cured. It is a non dyslexic society that disables dyslexics not dyslexia. I am dyslexic why should I be ashamed of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment