Sunday 22 June 2014

writing new music

Many dyslexics are creative people. Like many dyslexics I left school with no qualifications. Tried my hand at a few jobs but then started playing bass guitar and played in a number of bands for many years. I basically dropped out of society and had a great time for about 12 years. Around 1988 I gave up music just put down my bass guitar and moved on.

I started writing again about two years ago. I had put together enough music for a new album. But then my computer got wiped and I lost all the tracks. I don't do the music thing seriously though its like therapy and helps me get a balance between my dyslexia work, my dyslexia and life in general.

When we moved to our new house I put all my music stuff away in boxes and didn't touch it until a couple of months ago.

Here is a track I am currently working on 

https://soundcloud.com/raelthing/bassy5wav

This one is now finished apart from a bit of polishing:

https://soundcloud.com/raelthing/bassy5wav

I think the only problem I have with my own dyslexia and my dyslexia work is I tend to be driven and focussed and I push myself too hard. Music provides me with a distraction from this and it lets loose my creative side and it lets me have fun.

Also sharing my stuff on Soundcloud gives me access to some great music from other music both dyslexic and non dyslexic. But if you want to hear what other dyslexic musicians are doing why not come and visit my Unique Dyslexic musician's group:

https://soundcloud.com/groups/dyslexia-musicians-group

One of the reasons I set up Unique Dyslexic Get Creative was to get out into the community and give other dyslexics the opportunity to explore their own creative side.

We all need to take time out for ourselves is what I guess I am trying to say in a round about way.

No comments:

Post a Comment