Tuesday 17 June 2014

well that was a bit of an adventure lol

Hi blog readers hope everyone is well. I have had an exciting few days lol. On Saturday 14th I got admitted to Victoria hospital in Kirkcaldy for, I found out later, a mild hear attack. I think I may have had one a few days earlier but it was not picked up when I went to hospital.

Have to say it was the singularly most painful experiences I have endured in my life. But the main thing is I survived. On Sunday 15th I was transferred to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary but what I can only describe as a right old charabanc of an ambulance. The journey itself to maybe 40 minutes but it took the ambulance crew another 30 minutes to find the entrance to the hospital.

Yesterday I was given an angiogram which showed that the right ventricle, I think that is what its called, had been damaged. So the doctor fitted a stent there at the same time. There was no other damage or scarring present.

The surgeon put a dye in my blood stream and made x rays of it going through my heart to identify the problem. He then put a wire with the stent on the end in through my wrist and shoved it up to my heart where he left the stent.

Have to say the procedure was not exactly pain free but it was a big success. Today, one day after the operation I got sent home along with a few tablets to take............I am feeling lots better but I am on the start of a long road to recovery.

So its no driving for a week and a long period of rehabilitation.

Unique Dyslexic Get Creative and Dyslexia Pathways should be put on the back burner for a while but I will do some work little by little to get it all back on track starting from tomorrow.

many thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment