Saturday 1 September 2012

broken brain?

I totally disagree with the whole medical model cognitive deficites there is something wrong with our brain idea. This takes us down the road of medicating dyslexics finding a cure for dyslexia which I totally disagree with. I for one do not want to be medicated, do not feel the need to be cured. Indeed I celebrate my dyslexia for all the positive attributes it gives me. I am happy in my dyslexic skin. I see dyslexia as a difference rather than a disability. Dyslexia becomes an issue in non dyslexic world when we start school. Where we are not taught in ways that enable many of us to access the learning. It is why so many dyslexics fail at school. Not because they are not intelliegent enough or have cognitive deficites. They are to unable to access the learning effectively because it is done it a totally dyslexia unfriendly way.

No comments:

Post a Comment