Thursday 20 September 2012

trying to move thing forward.

 
I have been thinking of setting up a crowd funding appeal for Dyslexia Pathways to raise funds for our work and developing our ideas. However, it looks like a lot of work to keep going and I am not sure I could do it on my own.
I met with a young person who is struggling on a distance course yesterday. The mum has payed around £1400 for t he course and cannot really afford to pay for any dyslexia support. I have offered her a couple of hours study skills support free of charge. She really need maybe 15 to 20 hours but i cannot give that much time free of charge and I have paid work to do for Dyslexia Pathways.

I have three or four new projects to move forward such as the positve image dyslexia awareness project. I have just put ad advert on the CVS site for a volunteer graphic artists to develop my designs.

I am hoping to interest a univeristy in my dyslexia mentoring scheme and will be trying to sell them the idea in a week or so. ...
 Then there is the dyslexia phone app and games. As well as trying to develop our website into a more interactive social media site. For that I have again put in an ad for a volunteer with an IT / website development background who may be able t o move this forward.

Think the next step is advertiing on the CVS site for directors. People who would want to get involved with possible fund raising ideas as well as all the ideas above.
 
I met wih a prospective new volunteer yesterday who may be willing to assisst with admin tasks and proof reading my documents and learning materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment