Friday 28 September 2012

Rush rush rush

I contacted the Social Enterprise Academy on Wednesday to find out about any new courses I might be able to apply for. Was told about their Ignite programme which looked very interesting to me. Only problem I have to complete and send in a form by the following day.

Of course I was in Edinburgh all day working the following day and didn't get home till very late and just didnt have any time to complete the form.. I got up at 5am this morning and competed the form. Now I like to take my time with any writing I do. I like to plan, to focus my ideas and do all those dyslexic thinks that enable us to write more effectively and efficiently.

Then there is the nightmare of proof reading......I do not know why I can proof read for students but just cannot do it for myself. It didn't help that the form itself was very dyslexia unfriendly as well in my opinion. All little boxes and small fonts sigh. A good 90% of any forms I have to complete, or applications I have to make are still dyslexia unfriendly.

I wanted to phone them and give them my thoughts on how uninclusive their course application forms are lol. To be fair the form didn't require a lot of information only 1200 words or so. Its lucky I had all the information required in my head lol.

Ok after getting up at 5am and slogging over this course applicaton form and sending it off. I receive a bounce back message telling me they are out of office till Monday lol So I will have to call them at 9am and see if I got my completed form in on time. Hopefully it will be ok and I will not have spent 3 hours completing this form needlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment